Here We Give Again
An important part of our community culture is giving. Our belief is that those who can help others, should. Throughout the entire year Vast Bridges gives back to the community in a variety of ways. However, as the holidays approach, our giving goes into overdrive.
Getting Ready for the Holidays
Each year we do an annual Christmas Present sponsorship of local families in need. This year, those families were from our year-round partner The Bridge of Northeast Florida. While we donate monthly to the organization and help to support its after-school program, the holidays are a time when needs grow and the opportunity to bring smiles to some deserving faces is present. As boxes of toys keep arriving at the door of Vast Bridges for these families, we are hearing from our staff that it makes their hearts happy.
Just this year alone, Vast Bridges has made a difference in these ways.
- 120 Families who were provided with Thanksgiving Meals through The Bridge of Northeast Florida
- 10 Families with 23 children were adopted for our Christmas Present sponsorship
- 24 Families locally who have a child undergoing cancer treatment were given gift cards to help with extra expenses.
- $1100 was donated to Wolfson’s Children Foundation for use at the Cancer Center
- 5 local startups, including 2 non-profits, each received $1500 from Vast Bridges during One Spark in order to help them pursue their dreams.
- A Childhood Cancer Research run was done by a Vast Bridges team to help raise money for the cause.
- A Reggae Concert was held for underprivileged high school students.
- A Carnival held by The Arc of Jacksonville, an organization serving those who are disabled, had a team of Vast Bridges volunteers.
- A Prom held by The Bridge of NE Florida also had a team of Vast Bridges volunteers.
The partnership we have with The Bridge of NE Florida is one that has proven to be an exciting one for us. Not only do we have the chance to help people right here at home, we also have the opportunities for our staff to take part in special events and volunteer their time.
Our gratitude for the many blessings we have received, encourages us to continually give back with both our time and financial support. Just knowing that we have made a difference is a great way to wind down a fantastic year.